I saw this kit on the Bomb Nailz Youtube channel and immediately wanted to try it out.
1. This is a big kit and you get quite a few things in it. For the price, it's a really great deal.
2. Overall, the items inside are good quality, even though there are some misses.
3. The polygel colors are really cute and work with alot of different skin tones. The polygel is easy to use with the provided slip solution. The creme colors are smooth, soft and easy to move around and the glitter ones are not too dry or chunky, so they are also easy to use and don't need to be capped to be smooth.
4. The included glitters are so pretty! My favorite is the iridescent silver one, but they are all cute and work with the provided polygel colors.
5. You get a nice, sturdy metal cuticle pusher with a little knife on the end! I wasn't expecting that, so it was a very pleasant surprise.
1. Like most other polygel companies, the clear is not clear. If you want to do an encapsulated look, do not use the clear in this kit! I would use this clear to build a tip or maybe to mix in with glitter or the other colors, but not for anything that requires a crystal clear look. That's normal, so I don't really hold it against them. Makkart is the only company on Amazon with a crystal clear polygel so make sure to get a full size tube of their clear if you want to do encapsulated polygel sets.
2. I didn't care for the topcoat in the kit. It doesn't seem no-wipe to me, like it still felt a little sticky coming out the lamp and I don't think it was as shiny or hard as most topcoats. Again, you can use the topcoat to mix stuff oo as a clear gel layer for applying glitter, decals, etc. but I would never use it as an actual topcoat.
3. The dual forms have a strong curve to them. I don't use dual forms so I put them in the recycling bin anyway lol but if you don't like curve nails, which I don't, this would be a con.
Overall, I'm really happy with the kit and think it was a great buy.
I wouldn't recommend it as a starter kit, due to issues with the clear and the topcoat, but if you already have basics that you're happy with and are just looking to expand your collection, this is a wonderful option that I totally recommend.